Take one educator with a passion for books and getting kids to read (Alyson), and mix in a talented book blogger and former bookseller (Alethea) and you have the start of Bridge to Books. As we talked, we realized that there were great resources out there that did not seem to be getting to the right places. We wanted to see people come together from various disciplines to share thoughts and ideas, with the overall goal of getting children excited about books and reading. Our core group consists of about 30 educators, librarians, publishers, authors, booksellers, artists, and teen readers.
We are currently helping our friend Jane Gov with Pasadena Loves YA, a free teen book festival at Pasadena Public Library. This year’s event will be held on Sat, Sep 16 from 11 am to 4 pm. For more info, please check out www.pasadenateenbookfestival.com.
For previous events, check out the links below. Some of the links go to another website about that event, but others go to our Flickr account or that of our amazing photographer friend Katie Staniford.
- Pasadena Loves YA 2016 – Sep 17, 2016
- Tots, Tweens & Teens Festival – May 14, 2016
- Be a Friend Launch Party + Photobooth Pics – Jan 16, 2016
- Pasadena Loves YA 2015 + Photos – May 23, 2015
- Pasadena Teen Book Fest 2014 + Photos – Apr 26, 2014
- Penguin in Love Party @ Unwind for Yarn Crawl LA – Apr 5, 2014
- Summer of YA @ Barnes & Noble Americana – Jul 27, 2013
- Get a Clue! – Feb 1, 2013
- Tao Nyeu & Salina Yoon @ Unwind – Dec 1, 2012
- YA Rising Stars + More Photos @ Barnes & Noble Americana – Sep 22, 2012
- Middle Grade Authors at McKinley – Sep 15, 2012
- Extra Yarn @ Unwind – Apr 14, 2012
- The Why Chromosome @ Mrs. Nelson’s – Oct 30, 2011
- Graphic Guise @ Armory Center for the Arts – Aug 20, 2011
- YA Rising Stars @ Once Upon a Time – Aug 7, 2011
- YA in Bloom @ Vroman’s – June 25, 2011